Save the Date! – Learning Launch Days:
Throughout the week of August 31st, families will be invited to join DRCS’s faculty and staff for Learning Launch Days. During this time, we will explore this school year’s learning models in depth, academic timeline and expectations, and distribute student technology. Information regarding grade specific dates and time will be shared in the coming week.
Looking Ahead – 20-21 SY Timeline:
The 20-21 SY will begin Tuesday, September 8, 2020 and conclude Friday, June 18, 2021.
- Phase 1: September 8 – November 24
- Phase 2: November 30 – December 22
- Phase 3: January 5 – June 18
- Hybrid Learning (Full Days)
Please note, phased re-opening dates are subject to change according to local and state health trends.
20-21 SY Learning Models:
Throughout the upcoming 20-21 school year students will engage in two learning models; remote (online) learning and hybrid learning.
- DRCS will begin the school year with our remote learning model. Students will receive academic instruction completely online with support from their teacher. Please note, the school’s building will not be opened during this time.
- Our hybrid learning model will begin immediately after holiday break in November. During hybrid learning, students will receive academic instruction both in-person and remotely. Each class will be divided into two groups to ensure we comply with all health and safety guidelines. See below for an example hybrid schedule.
|DRCS Hybrid Learning
Please note, parents and/or guardians may decide to continue full remote learning for their child(ren) if health or safety concerns are present.
School Supplies: Below is a recommended supply list for remote learning model. An updated supply list will be provided at later date for our hybrid learning model. Full letter also available here.
- 1 pack of Dry Erase Markers
- Dry Erase Board
- Pencils + Sharpener
- 2 Notebooks
- 1 pair of Scissors
- 2 Glue Sticks
- Headphones (optional)
- Wireless mouse (optional)
Student Uniform: Students will be required to wear the school’s uniform daily, including remote learning. Students are expected to wear a black DRCS polo shirt or a green DRCS t-shirt with khaki colored bottoms or black DRCS sweatpants. Full student uniform letter available here.
Uniforms are available for purchase at Cramer’s Uniforms. Located at 4628 Frankford Avenue and 5226 Market Street.
Student Meals: Student meals will not be provided during remote learning. Please visit DRCS resource page for meal pickup locations in Philadelphia. Student meals will be provided daily beginning during Phase 2 of DRCS re-opening.
Specialized Services: DRCS operates with full special education services for students. We accommodate Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) with multiple program settings and ensure each child’s individual needs are met. Should you have any questions regarding Special Education services please contact Ms. Lauren Prisco, Director of Specialized Services at email@example.com.