To: All Families, Including Kindergarten Families
Dear Deep Roots Families-
Thank you for your patience as we’ve continued to plan for the 2020-2021 school year beginning on Tuesday, September 8. Please monitor your email and the DRCS website daily for additional updates in the coming weeks
We look forward to continuing to work with you and your students this school year.
-The Deep Roots Team
Save the Date: “Learning Launch Days”
Deep Roots Charter School will be hosting “Learning Launch Days” on Monday, August 31-Friday, September 4. During these days you will:
- Pick up “Learning Toolkits” (learning materials) and books
- Pick up additional technology (see “Technology Distribution” below for more information)
- Meet your child’s new teacher and learn about expectations for remote learning this fall
The schedule for “Learning Launch Days” is:
- First & Second Graders of 2020-2021
Monday, August 31 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Third & Fourth Graders of 2020-2021
Tuesday, September 1 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Fifth & Sixth Graders of 2020-2021
Wednesday, September 2 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- Incoming Kindergarteners & “Seedlings”
Thursday, September 3 9:00-12:00pm
If you would like to meet your child’s teacher, you must come to DRCS during your child’s scheduled time. If you are unable to come during your child’s scheduled time, additional hours are available, but you will not meet your student’s teacher.
Additional material pick up hours:
- Monday, August 31 from 1:00-3:30pm
- Tuesday, September 1 from 1:00-3:30pm
- Wednesday, September 2 from 1:00-3:30pm
- Thursday, September 3 from 1:00-3:30pm
- Friday, September 4 from 9:00-12:00pm
As schools across the country plan to open online, there is significant delay in Chromebook deliveries. We will continue to distribute technology and make progress towards ensuring that every student has their own device as more are delivered to DRCS. Families with more than one DRCS student may have to continue to share devices until more arrive. We will inform you how many devices have been assigned to your household during “Learning Launch Days”.
If you are experiencing issues with the DRCS device you were given in Spring 2020, please bring it with you during the “Learning Launch Days”.
In person technology support will be available during the remote learning portion of the 2020-2021 school year. More information about technology support will be shared during “Learning Launch Days”.
Weekly Meal Supports & Pick up
Charter School families are no longer able to pick up food at any school. Moving forward, DRCS families must pick up weekly food boxes at DRCS. If you would like to participate in weekly food pick up during the remote learning period then you must attend Learning Launch Days in order to sign up.