Deep Roots Charter School is seeking an Administrative Specialist and Community Liaison to join the Operations Team of the First Deep Roots Charter School in Philadelphia. The Administrative Specialist and Community Liaison should embody and believe in the Deep Roots model and core values of Practice, Service, and Purpose, and is directly responsible for ensuring that students, families, and partner organizations are warmly welcomed and supported. The Administrative Specialist and Community Liaison will report directly to the Dean of Operations. The ideal candidate is highly personable, able to multitask, flexible, organized, and willing to function in multiple capacities as needed through the school day. Due to the diverse community in which Deep Roots will be serving, Spanish speaking applicants are not required, but highly preferred.
- Experience working in a dynamic, customer centered context
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse population of students and parents
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic
- The ability to solve problems creatively
- Logical flexibility and urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Strong time management and organization skills and the ability to prioritize, multitask and organize work
- A belief in the core values of Practice, Service and Purpose
- Answering general inquiries, directing and screening phone calls
- Greeting parents and visitors to the school and directing them to the appropriate location
- Supporting operations team in ensuring that all student data is accurate and comprehensive
- Supporting ongoing communication to parents/guardians, staff and students
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintaining conference room calendar and scheduling meetings as needed
- Collaborating with operations colleagues to ensure that comprehensive student files are maintained.
- Supporting with planning and execution of short-term initiatives or special projects including family and community events, enrollment cycles, class/whole school celebrations, etc.
- Supporting student enrollment and registration processes
- Maintaining a positive and welcoming environment for parents, visitors, coworkers and students
- Be willing to step in and “do what needs to be done” when unanticipated challenges surface
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or Higher preferred, but not required.
- Administrative Assistant or Secretary experience, and knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures, preferred
- Experience with Apple technology a plus
- Experience with school information systems and software a plus
- School operations experience preferred
Title: Founding Administrative Specialist and Community Liaison
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19134
Job Type: Full-time